We all know that date nights are important for our marriages. We also know that it is easy to put date night on the back burner when we are knee-deep in parenting, work, and our day to day lives. I know when my husband and I do date night we often revert to the standard dinner out or maybe dinner and a movie. While those can be nice, it is refreshing to go out and do something else for a change.
For those times when you are wanting to do more than dinner, here is a list of winter date night ideas in Toledo and NW Ohio:
- Ice Skating There are multiple places that off open skating in Northwest Ohio including the Ottawa Park Ice Rink and the Sylvania Tam-O-Shanter. Most rinks in the area charge under $7 per adult!
- Sporting Events NW Ohio is home to many college and university sports teams that have events throughout the week. There is also the Toledo Walleye professional hockey team!
- Wine Tasting There are quite a few local restaurants and wine bars where you can taste some of your favorites or try something new. The Taste Wine Bar in Toledo has 20 wines on draft and you can pay for a taste, a half glass, or a full glass. The Wine Merchant in Findlay offers wine tasting from 5-7 every Friday evening. You can taste four wines (usually two whites and two reds) for $10!
- Cooking Classes If you are in a meal idea rut, try a cooking class! This is a fun way to spend time together and learn some new recipes and skills. Looking for a place to start? Check out Foodology in Toledo.
- Cross Country Skiing All nine Toledo Metroparks are rated for beginner skiers. There is also an intermediate trail at Oak Openings Preserve.
- Attend a Concert Check out upcoming events at one of the area arenas or check out some live music at a local bar.
- Funny Bone Comedy Club If you’re looking for a good laugh while enjoying dinner and drinks, check out Funny Bone in Perrysburg!
- Local Brewery/Taproom If you or your partner is into local brews, check out one of the many breweries in Toledo and the surrounding area. Looking to try a few from different breweries? Check out a taproom!
- Stranahan Theater Catch one of the many Broadway shows coming to Toledo, including The Lion King and RENT.
- The Spa Winter weather in NW Ohio is no joke! Treat your partner (and your skin!) to a couple’s spa trip. My personal favorite is a couple’s massage and facial.
- Curling Have you ever watched Olympic Curling and wonder what it would be like? Take a Learn to Curl class at The Black Swamp Curling Center in Bowling Green!
- Sledding Once we get a good amount of snow, channel your inner child and go sledding at one of the local parks. Some recommended locations include Maumee Bay State Park in Oregon, Wagner Sledding Hill in Maumee, and Ottawa Park in Toledo.
- The Toledo Zoo Bundle up in your winter coat and gloves and visit the zoo! It is a lot less busy than in the summer and many of the same exhibits are open.
- Winter Festivals Check out one of the local festivals, including the Fire & Ice Festival at Promenade Park in February.
- Toledo Museum of Art and Glass Pavilion Visit the internationally renowned museum and then check out the Glass Pavilion across the street!
Call your babysitter, pick out an idea or two, and schedule your next date night ASAP!