I’m always in search of new and exciting things to do in and around our city and this summer, there are so many wonderful things to check off the bucket list. Bring the kiddos along, or sneak away with your partner to explore the many things to do around the Toledo area. Check out the detailed list below!
Fun For All Ages
- For starters, berry picking season just launched, and it’s the best way to get outside and get some fresh air, while supporting local and picking some delicious fruit! Check out this post with a list of the best places to pick berries in our area.
- Have you checked out the Centennial Quarry? It’s $6 to enter this amazing place. So what is it? It’s a “spring-fed swimming facility with an average depth of about 22 ft., features diving platforms, water toys like an aqua-bobber, a water teeter-totter, a log roller, several swim rafts, a beautiful sandy beach as well as 3 sand volleyball courts and a basketball court. The quarry is a great place for teens and young adults to spend sultry summer days.”
- Cruise up and down the river in a 100-passenger cruise vessel located on the Maumee River. The Sandpiper offers Friday Night family cruises that allow you to bring your own picnic or a Marcos Pizza aboard. Check out their site here to make reservations!
- Sundance Drive In is a great place to take the kids for a late night drive in! Want to have a kid-free night? Check out the weather radar and plan to head out to the drive in for a perfectly romantic night!
- Luckey Road Lavender Farm is an all-natural lavender farm located just outside of Pemberville, OH offering seasonal U-Pick Events, Classes, and Photography Bookings. We can’t wait to visit this farm this summer!
Local Eateries (Family Friendly + Date Friendly)
- Head on over to Port Clinton and make it an all day adventure! Visit some of my personal favorites! Head to Gideon Owen for a delicious brunch and enjoy their beautiful outdoor patio. Then, hop in your car and drive nearly 7 minutes down the road to Twin Oast– a gorgeous, chill space where you are welcomed to bring your blankets, chairs, lawn games, and kids (it’s one of my favorite spots to hang out on a chill summer day). Then, cap off the night with a delicious dinner at The Orchard Bar & Table, and don’t forget to check out their adorable farm stand selling local produce, honey, jam, gifts, and more!
- Rocky Point Winery is a perfect summer adventure to check out with your significant other. Located in Marblehead, Ohio, this place is a great place to kick back, relax, enjoy some live music and delicious, local wine.
- Bedrock Quarry Bar and Grill is a new restaurant that opened a few weeks ago in Monroe, Michigan and the view is simply unbeatable. Check out the view and menu here.
- Highly recommend checking out one of our local tea rooms! Sweet Shalom Tea Room located in Sylvania and Clara J’s Tea Room in Maumee are two great places to check out!
- Our Local Metroparks are always on my list to frequent, especially during the summer months. Some of my favorites are Oak openings, Sidecut, and Farnsworth. Visit this blogpost to check out a detailed list of our local Metroparks.
- Want a fun indoor+outdoor option? Jungle Junction is every kids dream and is sure to keep the kids entertained for hours! Also, they have ramped up their already extensive cleaning procedures, so rest assured that your family will have the safest experience possible!
- Is the hot, humid summer heat not your favorite? Hunker down indoors for a couple of hours by heading to your local pottery studio in Maumee or Waterville. Simply Stated & Painted located in Maumee or Clayful Art in Waterville (call to make reservations!).
- Imagination Station…yep! It’s finally open!! They are offering amazing programs and events and check out the new Keybank Discovery IMAX Theatre.
- Pack a picnic and head out to explore the beautiful and serene Maumee Bay State Park! Eat your lunch on the water then check out the boardwalks, the nature center, and the eagles nest that are all over the grounds (binoculars recommended!)
- The 577 foundation is one of my favorite places to meet friends for a unique play date. Everything on the ground will be officially open on June 29!
- The African Safari Wildlife Park located in Port Clinton, Ohio, is a fun place for the kiddos to experience an up close and personal animal encounter.
- Last but not least, Promedica has brought back their free outdoor movie nights. The events will have reserved spaces for each family and will feature food trucks and so much more!