Valentine’s Day…. the holiday for love, or as some like to call it “the hallmark holiday“. No matter what your opinion is on it – every year come February 14th you most likely will frantically run around buying all the heart candies, Valentine’s day cards and help your kids make their Valentine’s day box for their class party. With all that madness (if you’re lucky enough to get a night out of the house) you also have the stress of choosing where and what to do for your date night out. This guide is here to help take some of that stress off of you to plan the perfect Valentine’s date night.
- Dining out: It’s an easy go-to option especially in/around the Toledo area. With hundreds of restaurants to choose from, you will be sure to find one you like – make sure to check before you go as many of them have Valentine’s Day specials.
- Wine & Paint Class: Have a drink and enjoy some art. There are multiple to choose from and most will let you bring your own drinks/snacks. Just a few: Uncork the Artist, Wine & Canvas, Paint Toledo, Board & Brush Creative Studio, Create Art Studio
- “Stay-cation”: Book a room at The Renaissance Hotel and have dinner at The Brim House in downtown Toledo or book a stay at the award-winning “Most Romantic” Belamere Suites in Perrysburg, OH.
- Museum Trip: Have a night out at the Toledo Museum of Art where you can watch a glassblowing demonstration (free) or enjoy their Flashlight Tours: Look of Love ($25.00 for Members, $30.00 for Nonmembers, $15.00 for Military, $15.00 for Student) & enjoy dinner and drinks in their cafe before the tour.
- Couples Massage: Want to relax and unwind… booking a couples massage is the perfect option!
- Comedy Show: Have dinner and drinks at the Toledo Funny Bone Comedy Club at Levis Commons in Perrysburg, OH
- Cooking Class: Spend the night out learning new recipes and enjoying dinner at the same time. Check out Foodology in Toledo, OH
- Dance Class: Want to reignite the fire in your relationship? Book a dance lesson/class to spice up your date night
- Wine Tasting: There are multiple bars/restaurants in the Toledo/surrounding area that have a tasting menu. Check out Four Fires Meadery, a locally owned meadery in Maumee, OH.
- Sporting Event: NWO is home to many professional sports, including Toledo Walleye Hockey. This Valentines Day the Toledo Walleye will be playing on Saturday February 15th at 7:15 pm
- Date Night In: If going out isn’t your jam or you can’t find a sitter, opt for a date night in. Make dinner together or order take out. Binge-watch Netflix or make it a game night with just the two of you.
- Brewery: Love a cold beer? NWO has multiple breweries to choose from. Grab dinner and a flight or book a tour to get a closer look into the operations of the brewery.
I hope this guide helps in making your Valentines Day a little sweeter this year. Call the babysitter or put the kids to bed early and enjoy yourself this year mama!