The winter break period with kids home from school can be a tough void of time to fill. While they may have new toys and activities from the Holidays, having everyone couped up in the house for days together can require a change of scenery and entertaining. Not to mention it can be nice to do things together we might not otherwise have had time for during the year.
Out of the House
7. Head to Imagination Station in Downtown Toledo. Learn, Play and explore.
12. Movie Theatre: Great for when the weather isn’t great. The holidays tend to offer at least 1 new family friendly movie release. Cinemark has 3 locations in 419: Levis, Franklin and Fallen Timbers. AMC CLASSIC Findlay 12 – Findlay, Ohio 45840 – AMC Theatres is also an option for that area.
13. Head Rock Climbing at Adventus Rock Climbing. Located in Toledo between Ottawa Hills and Sylvania.
15. Visit the Toledo Museum of Art. Have younger children? Hit the FREE Family Center where they can create their own artwork, paint and play.
At Home Ideas
16. Break out a Puzzle. Pick a challenging one the whole family can contribute to. Have young kids that cant contribute: set up their own age appropriate puzzle next to yours.
17. Pick a new recipe to try! Make sure the kids lead the way. Have them decide what sounds good. Bonus, they make the grocery list. Now we have life skill learning and they are invested in the outcome of the meal. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/fast-kid-friendly-dinners/
18. Card/Board Games. Maybe the kids received a new one for the Holidays? Have a classic card game your kids are finally old enough to learn and play? Let’s break em out, make some snacks and connect over friendly competition.
19. Tackle a DIY project that only takes a weekend and under $50. Here are some ideas.
20. Get organized! Clean out the toy bins. Donate what the kids no longer play with. Let them have a say but maybe set a standard that they have to let x amount go to make room for the new ones. Tackle the closet and remove the items they never reach for.